Human Resource Manager
Human Resource Manager | Lake Oswego, OR
The Human Resource Manager will lead and direct the Firm’s Human Resources (HR) function, including hiring and interviewing all professional staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy, particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to management and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which includes heavy seasonal recruitment, interviewing, hiring and onboarding of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with partners and managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Administers all of the Firm’s compensation and benefit plans, including preparing annual non-discrimination testing and participating in the annual review of benefits and selection process.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- In partnership with the Firm Administrator, maintain personnel manual in accordance with applicable employment laws
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred.
- PHR or SHRM-CP highly desired.