Commercial Credit Analyst | SLC, UT
Commercial Credit Analyst | Salt Lake City, UT
The Analyst’s primary responsibility is to analyze and make credit decisions within assigned authority, or make recommendations, for credits ranging from $250M to $5MM+, including Equipment Leases and Financings, Recourse and Non-recourse Lines of Credit and Vendor Programs, while ensuring risk exposure consistent with the company’s credit quality guidelines.
- Review financial data such as income, balance sheet and cash flow statements, perform ratio analysis; analyze growth, quality of management, market share, entity structures, equipment appraisals and borrower business plans in order to make recommendations with regards to credit capacity. Includes analyzing credit information from credit reporting agencies and other third-party sources.
- Research and examine credit risks, assess history, and articulate reasons for support of an extension of credit
- Prepare credit submissions to Sr. Management when recommending approval
- Responsible for conducting on-going verification and regular tracking of customers’ credit quality through periodic review of credit reports, analysis of required financial information, and any other approval conditions
- Experience managing and developing others and ability to build and maintain relationships
- Experience developing, modifying, and executing company policies
- Monitor collateral values, valuation dates, and methodologies within company policy
- Partner with processors to ensure loan documentation is consistent with requirements provided by credit authorizations. Identify any other issues requiring attention prior to approval/funding
Education and Experience:
- 5 or more years of commercial credit underwriting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or other related field required.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to analyze financial statements and tax returns
- Ability to understand business relationships and business entity structures and their effect on financial condition and status
- Knowledge of business lending, with specific knowledge of Equipment Leasing and Vendor Finance
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the lending field
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and/or financial
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.